5/15/2019

Save Money: Refinance

The sky is falling?
No this is an opportunity to save some money

News, well negative news, makes mortgage rates go down. There’s been a great deal of yelling about the trade sanctions with China. I am personally glad we are finally facing off with a bully who steals all our intellectual property. I’ve had books pirated, and even rose patents. On this issue both Republicans and Democrats seem together. I’m not running out to buy a bunch of electronics or steel or a car or any other items that come in metal containers from China. Other news also stirred worry in the bond market. Brexit seems unsolvable. Europe struggles. Don’t bring up war with Iran in my house, we will also start yelling.
What does all this bad economic news mean when you thought we were on the happy train to higher wages and free medical insurance?
The Fed is not going to raise interest rates this year. My crystal ball says  the Fed is going to swing wild the short way and price in a seventy percent of a 32-basis point cut by October 2019. I love a Halloween Refinance Boom. We’ve had several Halloween Refi-manias in my thirty year career. Is a 32- basis point cut down too much? I don’t believe the American economy is doing that strong. Don’t you know three people who have to work two jobs to afford their house? I know fifteen or more.  My magic eight ball says:  save money!
Mortgage interest rates are at a twelve month low. IF you bought or refinanced in the past year I can save you money on your payment. Treasuries at 2.15 and the Ten year bond is 2.35, a fifteen month low.
More roller coaster volatility is ahead. Expect rates to swing up on a Friday when everyone is spooky or running off to the Hamptons.
Get your loan application in and approved and update as needed. I’m here to help save you money.

C G Caroline Gerardo Barbeau
NMLS 324982

(949)  784- 9699

This is not a commitment to lend Equal opportunity lender. Why would anyone not be an equal opportunity lender that makes no sense to me


.