Tips for preparing your house to sell
- De-clutter: Donate it, dump it, or store it.
- De-personalize: Remove family photos, personal memorabilia, keepsakes, etc.
- Remove furniture: Create the feeling of space, especially if square footage is limited.
- Clean your house: A clean home tells buyers that it is well-maintained.
- Paint the walls: Keep the walls neutral to appeal to more buyers.
- Bring in the light: Take down heavy window treatments, clean the windows, bring in lamps. Buyers like bright homes.
- Do the minor repairs: Replace light bulbs, fix leaky faucets, make sure closet doors are on track, etc.
- Add curb appeal: Clean the yard, trim shrubs, add a nice doormat to welcome visitors.
- Update kitchen: Buyers place a huge value on updated kitchens. This is where you should make big improvements. Now that we've entered into a 'buyer's market', creating a positive first impression and showcasing the best attributes of your home are essential in today's real estate market.