10/12/2017

How I chose my realtor


About four hundred business cards, twenty regular mailers in US post office, a few random door
knocked who I never met, and the home phone that I never answer full of agents for listing appointments.

In the end I made two appointments. Both top sales teams in the county. One does more print ads, the other does short "films" of homes. Friends who are Realtor agents were pouty, mad, and some made
mean comments. I didn't use agent who was listing side, as they were not straightforward. I didn't use a from the few Realtors who send me mortgage business because this was vital to my personal life and I wanted to be free to push for what I needed.
In the end I wasn't  totally happy with my choice. Agent office double ended deal and sent buyer to their mortgage guy friend who ended up being the biggest liar I ever worked with. JMJ financial sent out approval letter on a file that was never underwritten,. It took 70 days not 30 to close because the Loan Officer continued to lie.. I had two back up buyers who continued to call every day after day 30, I told escrow in writing the deal was cancelled. Nothing about the transaction was easy, because the mortgage broker was searching to find a place to fund the loan while making up stories every day.

In the end the Borrowers signed loan documents (without legal wait period of Closing Disclosure), funded and recorded on Friday without my approval as it was a Friday before a long weekend. I ended up paying for 5 days of interest ( $1409.90 cost) and was pushed out of the houe in a firedrill with no notice. I did not have opportunity to wait for moving van on Monday and hired 4 "guys" and rented trucks to move a 3700 square foot house. A nightmare closing.

Now time has passed. Agent who I like contacts me to make a recommendation on a real estate website. I think I'll wait another year before I post a rating as it won't be 5 stars.

So an insider who has sold and bought more than 60 residential and 19 commercial properties one would think got the best service, cheapest commission and best deal. No.
I paid full commission. I believe the buyer got the best service. I did accomplish my goal of down sizing but it was terrible awful painful when it could have been much better.

Listing agent did not listen to my needs. Seller can't make arrangements to move when buyer's loan was not final loan approved. JMJ financial it appears no longer has this guy but owner Ryan Gale is still there and he did not care one bit.