7/27/2018

Grilling Dinner Recipe

Japanese Eggplant from my garden
My garden displays wild colors now in its' final summer glory.
Since the weather has been 117 degrees on a few days, a couple trees
dropped all their foliage and produce wilted.
I chopped up the vegetables and grilled many to enjoy a
feast before the bunnies, deer or heat gets them.

Marinaded Vegetables Grilled
Recipe:

Prepare marinade in a bowl
Divide marinade in half and put sliced veggies mixed in a bowl with half

3 bell peppers,  1 eggplant, 2 squash, 6 green onions all sliced to same thickness
These vegetables cook in about 4 minutes. Add what you have in the garden.
Don't move them around only turn once to get some char marks and
nice roasted flavor.

Add mushrooms, hot peppers, asparagus or whatever you have fresh.

Cooking time is brief. Keep an eye on everyone.
Getting outside in to grill keeps the house cooler
and allows enjoyment of summer sunsets.

Prep time:  2 minutes
Cook grill time: 4 minutes

Nutrition facts:  Rich in Vitamin A, Thiamin, Niacin, Phosphorus and Copper, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Riboflavin,Vitamin B6, Folate, Magnesium, Potassium and Manganese.

1/2 cup serving 260 calories
cuisine: vegan healthy

author: Caroline Gerardo







peppers from my garden


smoker in the yard
My grill is a very large drum sized smoker. 
This is a safe way for me to cook outdoors 
as in California fire danger is a concern.
Video above of deer sneaking during daylight on my hill,
"Hey what's for dinner lady?" she says
I like to grow lots of hot peppers. I use them to surround the garden in the spring, this keeps the bunnies away

yellow neck bumpy squash I got these seeds a long time ago 
Williams Pride Green and blush apples from my garden




















Dessert also made on the grill
I have Williams Pride apples which are
sour but yummy after baked
Cut the core out
add a tablespoon of sugar, sprinkle of cinnamon, a dab of butter,
and raisins if you like inside.
Wrap in foil, place on metal baking dish on
the grill away from flames spurting.
Leave on grill while you have dinner.
In 30 minutes (more it large apples)
take off heat and keep wrapped until you are
ready to add a scoop of vanilla greek yogurt
or just enjoy warm