7/18/2019

Repotting a root bound pothos

Epipremnum aureum
heartleaf philodendron

This devil's ivy sat in the kitchen on top of the refrigerator for two years. My fridge is propane as I live off grid. The area got little light but was warm. The plant grew from twelve inches to be fifteen feet long. After my last vacation, it wilted and was very sad. Lack of water and daylight nearly killed the plant. It's overgrown it's small nursery pot and needs tender love.

I decided to cut it back and repot into a much larger plastic pot and use what clippings I took to re-root those alongside the original plant. I have a screened patio an will allow it to come back to life on the porch this summer.

Here are a couple videos of me trimming it back and talking to her. I mixed compost and sand and didn't fertilize the plant- I plan to soak the soil deep and check every day to make sure it stays moist.



deep green pothos leaves