1/18/2011

If you save junk long enough, it is still junk

My children love their gadgets. We have had stolen, broken and lost six iPhones. Fortunately, I bought Apple stock when it was initial public offering, and continued to buy and sell so all the shares I own I consider gravy. I asked them to compile all the old phones and cords in a drawer, as they can be recycled.


Son thought we could sell them to one of the online companies that advertise, “We buy used cell phones.” Well after making his list and entering the old pager, ancient Nokias and all this junk the total value was less than two dollars.

He packed them up because his middle school, Niguel Hills collects them and ships them to needy children. This is better than having them sit in a drawer waiting to be on the Antiques Roadshow.