1/12/2021

Survivor


Sugarbush, as they are named in South Africa. Proteas are survivors.

Thinking about the protea plants I left behind at the ranch. I will miss their syrupy smiles in summer and Fall.

Also melancholic about changes, leaving a home behind.

This reminds me of a topic I don't often discuss, but I have some useful knowledge that time revealed. 




I spent $300,000 on legal fees in my divorce and the spending was fueled by a mean ex who hired five attorneys and my own legal counsel who could see how much I was earning and thought we could recover from the master of disguise. Often I thought I would write a book on the best way to get divorced and save your capital. I believe mediation is a better solution to our court system. Fighting and court appearances cost dearly and those who lose cannot recoup the lost time, money, energy, and heart of your children.

With our court systems closed, three million American households in forbearance, and many people out of work the stress on families is enormous. Like in 2009 I believe the divorce rates are going to climb as couples were locked down in a bind of heavy darkness. If I can suggest anything: seek counsel from your pastor, priest, rabbi, and health care providers. Exercise, eat healthy, and talk about the stress. If things are dangerous (mine was) then you have to get out. If there is abuse get the perpetrator to move in with other family.

Be a survivor my friends. Much love to all. Pandemic and political chaos will pass.


Proteas don't like alot of water, they love a pine needle mulch, and sun.