6/29/2021

Hot Market

Polka dot plants (Hypoestes phyllostachya have varigated pink and green leaves, hot pink impatiens and New Guinea impatiens, begonia, coleus, heuchera, and fuschia all combined in pots to dazzle your garden. All of these plants like moderate sunlight, moderate temperatures and deep watering. These are hung on my balcony garden. I have them an inch above my eye level in two layers. One basket on top drains down to the bottom one when I water. 

This year with the real estate market a wild hot mess. I didn't have time to fuss as much with my potted plants. They enjoy the warm afternoons in Orange County. I remove flowers, dead head and snip off dead leaves when I'm sipping morning coffee at 5:45. 

I have a couple natural flower minders/baby sitters: up on a self a pretty bowl of water with tablespoon of dawn dish soap and apple cider vinegar to catch fruit flies, a bowl on the ground with yeast/sugar and beer for snails, and I add coffee grounds and egg shells to the surface of the soil in pots where snails like to climb. Natural ways to keep down problems in my tiny house before pests multiply. 


Orange, coral, lime green and pinks